Our clinician educators provide observational experiences in the HealthPartners clinical learning environment. If you are seeking an opportunity to observe or would like someone to observe you, the following is required by HealthPartners:
- Only those with prior approval from clinic management are allowed to observe in clinic or procedure centers.
- All observers must check in, show identification and complete the following form before proceeding into the clinic/procedural room or any adjacent patient care areas: HealthPartners Observer Packet
- The patient must provide consent before an observer enters the patient room for a procedure or exam. This consent must be documented in the patient’s chart.
- To limit congestion in the clinical/procedure room, only one observer may be in any room unless previous arrangements have been made with clinic management.
- The staff nurse, certified medical assistant and staff physician may use their discretion when allowing an observer to remain throughout the procedure.
- If there is a complication in the procedure/clinic visit, the staff nurse or staff physician may ask the observer to leave the room.
Learn more about observing at HealthPartners: