7:00am | Check-in and Breakfast
7:20am | Welcome
7:30am – 8:45am | Session 1 | Upper Extremity
- Elbow OCD: Non-Op vs. Op – Carl W. Nissen, MD
- Wrist (Gymnast) – Edward Wu, MD
- Shoulder Instability – Shital Parikh, MD, FACS
8:45am – 9:15am | Session 2 | Upper Extremity Case
- Injuries About the Shoulder (Shoulder Instability, Elbow OCD) – Carl Nissen, MD; Shital Parikh, MD, FACS; Chad Kofoed, PT, DPT
9:30am – 10:45am | Session 3 | Lumbar Spine, Pelvis, Hip
- Spondy – Heather Bergeson, MD
- Dysplasia and FAI: Scope vs. Open or Both – Yi-Meng Yen, MD, PhD
- Apophyseal Injuries: Hip and Pelvis – Carl W. Nissen, MD
10:45am – 11:40am | Session 4 | Rehab
- Sports Specialization – Nirav Pandya, MD
- Rehab for the Adolescent Athlete – Abby Gordon, DPT, SCS, CSCS
11:40am – 12:40pm | Lunch
12:40pm – 2:15pm | Session 5 | Knee
- Discoid Meniscus – Emily Niu, MD
- Tibial Spine & Tibial Tubercle. – Emily Niu, MD
- Patellofemoral – Shital Parikh, MD, FACS
- Management of ACL Tears in the Young Athlete – Nirav Pandya, MD
2:30pm – 3:45pm | Session 6 | Primary Care
- Compartment Syndrome – Alex Yue, MD
- Supplements, Hormones and Anabolic Steroids: Is there data? What’s the danger? – Laura Nilan, DO
- Concussion – Tamara McLeod, PhD, ATC, FNATA
3:45pm – 4:25pm | Session 7 | Knee Case
- Cartilage (OCD) – Carl W. Nissen, MD; Emily Niu, MD; Nirav Pandya, MD; Shital Parikh, MD; Yi-Meng Yen, MD, PhD
There will be a live Q&A immediately following each session that includes all speakers from the current session.
Following this event, attendees will be able to
- Identify the role of conservative and operative management in the treatment of the adolescent athlete.
- Assess the role of evidence-based rehabilitation as a treatment option and in considerations for young athletes.
- Explain the latest surgical techniques for common injuries sustained by adolescent athletes.