Level I pediatric trauma care
The only Level I Pediatric Trauma Center in the Twin Cities east metro
When your child has an accident, they need help fast. That’s where we come in. As a one-of-a-kind Level I Pediatric Trauma Center in the east metro area, Regions Hospital is equipped to handle all types of children’s injuries. Our pediatric trauma center is verified by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) which allows us to provide specialized care for critically injured children 24/7, 365 days a year. From falls to broken bones to animal bites, we’re standing by to care for the most common to the most complex injuries.
Our team – which includes our partners at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare – will care for your children from the moment they enter our doors throughout their rehabilitation and recovery. And because we’re connected to our larger
Award-winning pediatric trauma care for the most critical injuries
We designed our facility and created our team to provide your child with the highest level of pediatric trauma care possible. When you arrive at the pediatric trauma center, you can expect:
- Care for your entire family in one place. If an accident happens that affects more than one person in your family, our team at Regions Hospital can care for all of you. Your children won’t need to be in the hospital alone during a scary and stressful time.
- The most advanced equipment and facilities. This includes our nationally recognized
Regions Hospital Burn Center, and the Twin Cities’ first two-helipad rooftop that helps severely injured children get care more quickly and efficiently.
- A team of specialists on site 24/7. Our care team includes internationally renowned pediatric trauma surgeons and specialists in neurosurgery, burn, spine, orthopedics (including
severe chest wall trauma) and more.
- A commitment to improving your child’s care and recovery process. We conduct clinical research across several specialties, including emergency medicine, emergency medical services, intensive care and trauma to find ways to improve our techniques and patient outcomes.
- Advanced critical care medicine in our pediatric intensive care unit (PICU). Here, our team cares for children with the most complex injuries and illnesses. Your child will get round-the-clock monitoring and intensive nursing care with the latest tools and treatments.
- Collaborative ongoing care with our partners at
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare, which is conveniently located just steps away from the emergency center on the Regions Hospital campus. At Gillette, you’ll have access to the highest concentration of pediatric rehabilitation medicine specialists in the nation. Gillette is one of just three pediatric specialty programs in Minnesota accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) to meet the needs of young children and adolescents seeking acute inpatient rehabilitation.
- A space for families to rest and regroup at the Ronald McDonald House at Gillette. It serves families with children receiving treatment in intensive care units. Gillette partners with Ronald McDonald House Charities, Upper Midwest, to provide this beautiful, spacious house to our patients. The Ronald McDonald House at Gillette located on the fourth floor of the hospital is just steps away from the PICU.