The Office of Health Professional Education supports the creation of a community of learning for advanced practice students, educators and learners during the COVID-19 crisis. Let’s share our ideas, updates, and learn from the experts as we continue educating future clinicians.
- Learn and stay connected while curating valuable information
- Establish a support system or mentorship outside each of your institutions
- Create a collaborative and transparent learning environment
- Support a culture of trust across our community of learning
Who can join?
The community of learning is open to all who are interested in contributing to the conversation:
- All APC Students with current and upcoming rotations
- APC School coordinators and Program Directors
- Preceptors/faculty and clinicians who are interested in sharing their experience
- Clinical site coordinators and those who support and facilitate education
Every Tuesday from 8:30-9am, our OHPE team will offer open office hours where students and schools can come and ask their questions about clinical rotations and other topics. Join through Webex: https://healthpartners.webex.com/meet/mtnoltimier
Our team will also present monthly 30 minute “APC Connect” sessions where featured guest speakers will discuss clinical pearls in response to the COVID-19 crisis as well as other relevant professional development topics.
Sessions will take place once a month and we will send out invites via SharedSpace4Learning (you will receive an email notification)- these sessions will also be recorded and added to our Slack channel
Join WebEx: https://healthpartners.webex.com/join/cdspencer
- The call in number is:
US Toll284 831 483
- View guest speaker schedule (this will be updated as speakers are added)
Our community continues through the asynchronous platform Slack where we share ideas, review content in preparation for our virtual sessions, and connect and learn from each other.
Tips for use of slack: https://youtu.be/IECPfpSB1RM (Slack works best on web using Google Chrome or via mobile application)
How to contribute
- Suggest future topics for our “APC Connect” series via the Slack channel – Education Topics
- In an effort to address the current challenges around the suspension of clinical placements, this community can serve as a funnel of innovative approaches to our APC Consortium team. Consortium Members will be looking at formulating pathways forward to recommend short term and long term solutions. Share ideas via Slack channel – Rotation Innovation
- Share ideas to support learning throughout this current crisis. Is there a future for students to play in this pandemic to support the health care team? Complete this survey to submit ideas: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3CD9LDH